This “Working at Heights & Fall Protection” training course provides participants with a comprehensive overview of the requirements for safe work at heights, as well as various fall protection strategies. It looks at people and practices, equipment and the environment. It looks at people and practices, equipment and the environment.
Topics to be covered include:
- What do we mean by “Working at Heights”?
- Regulations and legislation for work at heights (Common Law & Statutory Law)
- Hazard identification, Risk Assessment & Hazard elimination
- Safe work practices for common types of access equipment (selection, use and inspection)
- Ladders: types, selection, review of components & specific hazards
- Scaffold: types, selection, components, erection & specific hazards (fixed scaffolding, pre-fabricated mobile scaffolding)
- Other Access Equipment: hoists, lifts, scissors lifts, aerial lifts/mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPs), etc.
- Other Hazards while working at heights
- Fall Prevention, Fall Arrest & Fall Restraint Systems (e.g. safety nets, harness & lanyards) – Selection of equipment and correct use
- Anchoring systems- selecting solid & reliable anchorage
- Working Safely
- Rescue requirements & Planning
- Basic First Aid Considerations & Provisions
This will be followed by on-site practical activities and assessment.
Intended Audience: Construction Site Managers/Supervisors, Project Managers, Purchasing/Contracting Managers, HSE Specialists, Members of Health and Safety Committees, Workers, Utility Workers, Construction Site Workers, Site Supervisors.
Duration: 8 Hours
Cost: $405 USD / $810 BDS plus VAT